Blog This

Saturday, March 24, 2007

My first earthquake

On sunday morning around 10am I was lying in bed and I noticed a swaying feeling, as if I huge truck had just driven by outside my building. However, the swaying continued and escalated to the point of my wall making a slight noise and then nothing. I never heard a big truck outside and then I realised that I had just felt my first Japanese earthquake. It was a weird feeling because it wasn't scary, but when it escalated I started to wonder if it would continue to escalate and that thought scared me. It felt like a small one, but I later discovered on cbc.com that it was approximately a 7.0 and it was centered in the Sea of Japan, approximately 200km north from where I live. I hope that is the biggest earthquake that I will experience in Japan.

1 Comments:

  • So you did feel it? I was going to end you a panic email, but then I realized that the epicentre was quite a ways from you (or so I thought).

    By Blogger kent, at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home