Blog This

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bike troubles

For the past few months my bicycle has been making the weirdest noises and I have just kept putting off fixing it for one reason or another. However, in the last few days whenever I would ride my bicycle without listening to my iPod, I would hear how horrible it really sounded and understand why people in front of me would look over their shoulders to see what was making so much noise. So I finally went back to the place where I bought my bike and with the help of a dictionary I was able to tell the man working at the shop that I wanted a tune up for my bike and he told me to come back in half an hour. So, after the half hour passed I returned to the shop only to find that they didn't fix my bike, but they were going to give me a brand new one! Because of the language barrier I wasn't able to find out why they were going to do this, so I just smiled and had a really surprised look on my face. I thought that maybe I'd have to pay something, I mean the bike didn't look in the best shape when I brought it in, but he never approached the cash register and he just let me take it. I'm guessing they have a policy about bikes that break after a certain time, but maybe it just seemed easy to give me a new one, rather than fix the junker or maybe he didn't want to deal with the language barrier either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home