Blog This

Friday, December 29, 2006

Phi Phi Island






These pictures were taking on and around Phi Phi Island. This island is truly paradise. The beaches, the weather and the atmosphere were everything that I was expecting island life to be. Phi Phi is much more calm than Phuket and I think that is why I enjoyed it more. Phi Phi has the buskers like Phuket but they are not as persistent. A normal day for us on Phi Phi was to wake up around 9 am, go for breakfast, then walk around the island for a while, spend from noon to sunset on the beach and then go for diner and wander around the streets at night and see if there were any parties (which there usually was) or just spend the rest of the night sitting on the beach with a drink and getting to know someone from Europe. For a while we were meeting someone from a different European country every night. First Sweden, then England, then Austria, and then Switzerland.

There is still a lot of visable evidence of the tsunami. One restaurant we ate at one night was basically a tent but it was some of the best food that I ate the whole trip. It's hard for me to say what the differences are because I am not sure how it was before the tsunami.

I'll post some more later about all our adventures, ie. swimming with sharks, Patong nightlife, scooters and what not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home