Blog This

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens






Today I went to the Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens. The zoo was horribly depressing. The animals were in small cages with cement and they did not look very happy. So, we quickly walked through and headed for the botanical gardens and they were beautiful. We saw all sort of flowers, plants and surprisingly there was a lot of cacti. The park was huge so we were pretty wiped at the end of walking through there but before we left we went up the Sky Tower. It was really cool and it gives a great view of Nagoya. From high up you can see apartment building, bridges and sky scrapers for miles.
Tomorrow is my big move to Okazaki where I will finally be able to unpack and start my normal life in Japan. My performance supervisor, Vince, will be meeting me at the train station and he is going to help me move in and get things like a bank account and a cell phone in order. On tuesday I will begin teaching. I believe that I will be team teaching for the first week and then I will be off on my own! I'm lucky with my move tomorrow because Okazaki is roughly 35km south of Nagoya. Some people have to be on a train by 8am and will be travelling for several hours.
I will be in touch soon when I am settled in Okazaki with my new life. talk to you all soon

2 Comments:

  • Good luck, Sarah.

    Show those Okazaki types how we do things in BC.

    By Blogger kent, at 1:05 AM  

  • Good Luck Sarah!

    I am soo excited that you're so close to Nagoya. I'll be there in November!

    See you.

    By Blogger ~diana~, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home